Wednesday, April 03, 2013

I'M BACK!

So, if you haven't noticed (shame on you!), I have been completely M.I.A. for the past seven months or so.  A lot of exciting things have been going on during that time, but the main reason for my absence is that I acquired a new job.  Said job has caused me to have fewer personal hours in my day, as jobs tend to do.  As well as having acquired a new job, I also adopted a baby.  OK, she's not a baby, she's a puppy, but she's MY baby and she takes up a lot of my free time.  Time that used to be spent cooking and blogging has now been dedicated to working and tending to my young pup.

I know you want to see a picture of the dog, so here she is.  Her name is Milli, incidentally, and she's a yorkipoo.  Currently 15 weeks old.

Isn't she presh?!

Why am I telling you all of this?  Not to make excuses, but to announce that I am going to be back and better than ever!  I am going to start blogging again!  I am really excited to have revamped my look, made things a little brighter, more fun and colorful.  I hope you likie.

Along with my new look, I am going to be experimenting with a new taste.  I have decided to make a whole-hearted attempt to eat more healthfully and I want to take my readers on that journey along with me.  I am planning to share with you some new, more health-conscious recipes. 

What has sparked this sudden interest in health food you ask?  A couple of things.  First, I am looking to make an adjustment in the way I feel.  I've gotten a little carried away in eating whatever I want, no matter how it makes me feel.  I want to have more energy and feel more vibrant, and adjusting my diet is the perfect way to do that.  I have also signed up for the Warrior Dash, which is being held in about 45 days from now.  I ran my first 5K in October and am looking forward to tackling not only another 5K, but various obstacles as well!  (Especially looking forward to crawling through mud at the end!)  I'm not only planning to eat better, but kick up my workout regiment as well.  Including more protein in  my diet is going to be a huge part of that, so you can look forward to protein rich vegetarian meals in the near future.

Check back in a few days for my first recipe in over seven months!  I'm cooking it tonight and using my brand new 50mm F/1.8 lens to take the pictures :-)  Can't wait!

Salute!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment